Quick and Easy Build A Meal
Are you over meal plans? Taking a break from collecting even more recipes to one day try. Honestly, if I could outsource all my meals I would. Trust me when I say I am by no means a chef or a talented cook. Most times I look at recipes and if there is more than 10 ingredients it’s a straight-up no from me.
I came across a few ideas on easy ways to pre-pare and make meals, smoothies, salads and some unique drinks.
Hey, if you’re like me the following may just work for you too:
If your doing Low Carb Wholefoods or Keto these are great ‘How To’s’ to follow. If you’re not into Low Carb Wholefoods or Keto that is totally cool just add in some extras i.e any veges, rice, quinoa, pasta etc
That’s the beauty of these, you get to chuck in whatever you want.
- Start with your base. Think tea, coffee, water, milk, non-dairy milk
- Add some protein. Think protein powder, nut butters (i.e cacao, sunflower, peanut, almond), collagen
- Healthy fats. Think avocado, coconut cream, MCT Oil
- Non- Starchy veges. Think spinach, kale, celery
- Aim for low-fructose fruit. Think berries, pear
Simply blend all together.
Keto Hot Drink
- Start with a base. Think tea, coffee, bone broth
- Add protein. Think protein powder, nut butters (i.e cacao, sunflower, peanut, almond), collagen
If your base is bone broth you don’t need to add protein.
- Healthy fats. Think butter, coconut cream, MCT Oil, cream
- Extra. Think a bit of stevia, turmeric, salt, cacao powder, spices
Simply blend all together.
- Start with healthy fat. Think olive oil, avocado oil, MCT oil, mayonnaise
- Add some acid. Think apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, lemon juice
- Think hot sauce, Thai sauce, mustard, horseradish, tomato paste
- Non-starchy veges. Think onion, spinach, capsicum, tomato, garlic
- Extra. Think spices and herbs, chili, chives, salt, pepper
Stir or blend it all together.
- Start with protein. Think chicken, beef, pork, tofu, bone broth
- Healthy fats. Think butter, lard, coconut oil, avocado oil
- Non-starchy veges. Think spinach, tomato, cabbage, broccoli, cauli
- These are your herbs, spices or sauce. Think salt, pepper, sauce
- Heat the healthy fat, add the protein, sauté it, (or if you are like me cook it to its well dead) or boil
- Add the non-starchy veges, and extras.
- Cook it all until everything is well heated or sautéed.
Get creative if you’re in the mood and use this guide for stews, slow cookers, and soups. Get extra jiggy with it and cook the sauce, protein, and veges separately and plate it up altogether like they do on master chef.
- Start with protein. Think chicken, eggs, beef, pork, tofu
- Add some healthy fat. Think olives, macadamia nuts, avocado, olive oil, avocado oil, MCT oil, mayonnaise
- Non-starchy veges. Think onion, spinach, capsicum, tomato, lettuce, asparagus
- Think spices and herbs, sauces. Salt, pepper, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar
- Mix all the liquids together
- Add in the protein. (unless it needs to be cooked first. If so go do that now)
- Add in the non-starchy veges and extras